Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Cinco de Rhino at the Cincinnati Zoo


Even though we are both grown adults, sometimes our childlike tendencies need to come out. As part of our Cincinnati trip, we went to the Cincinnati Zoo. It may even be more fun as an adult! Ironically, we went on May 5th, which is Cinco de Mayo. The zoo was celebrating with Cinco de Rhino Day!!!! (Yes, this excited me way too much.)





I would definitely recommend the Cincinnati Zoo. It has to be the best zoo that I have been to. (Also the cheapest I have been to.) There are more animals to see, more to do, and better organized. The paths are easy to navigate and surprisingly we did not get in any long lines. Some exhibits are on the inside and some are outside. (Which is great for families, especially on a warm day.)

The closest thing I could find to Zoboomafoo, a family of Coquerel's Sifaka.


My husband made fun of me all day because I was such a big kid. I wanted to see Zoboomafoo (from the PBS show of the same name, a.k.a a lemur, may also be showing my age…). Sadly, the lemurs were not visible/available when we went but I did see something similar, so I was satisfied. The bears were having a lazy day. The rhinos, though, may have been my favorite this zoo trip. The zoo had the rhino exhibit all decked out for Cinco de Mayo. There were sombreros, maracas, and other things you would expect for Cinco de Mayo. (Partying with the rhinos on Cinco de Mayo sounds better than the alternative anyway.)

Cinco de Rhino


We will definitely go back to the Cincinnati Zoo. As a side note, next time I will ensure to have a change of clothes in the car and I won’t wear anything new to me. ( Had a button pop off and break in half on my shorts when we were close to the end of the zoo. This prompted an impromptu Walmart trip. After inspecting the button that was split and the other buttons on the shorts, I discovered that it was a very cheap replacement, not the original button.) This was so fun despite the incident.










Have you been to the Cincinnati Zoo? Is there somewhere similar that you would recommend doing? I love hearing from readers!


Please be sure to check out my Instagram (@tabtakeson) for more updates and adventures as well as the Facebook page for more pictures (https://www.facebook.com/tabtakeson/). 

12 comments:

  1. As cool as it is to see so many amazing animals that one would otherwise not be able to see, it always makes me sad to see animals behind glass in a zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to zoos when I travel as well. Cute pictures, and it looks like that rhino is enjoying Cinco de Rhino!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My partner and I always turn into big kids whenever we visit the zoo or aquarium! We love it so much ☺️🙊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting the zoo can be very fun for children. I always make sure to visit zoos that help animals rather than just use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love taking the kid to the zoo. I bet this one is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to zoos as well! It brings back a lot of good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This zoo is for sure one of my favs! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this looks like an incredible zoo!! We love zoos make it a point to go to one at least every year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo the Cincinatti Zoo looks like so much fun! It's on our bucket list and not too far from us here in Buffalo, NY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a fun place to visit! I've never been to Cincinnati before but will have to remember this for if I ever get to go. :)

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard about the Cincinnati Zoo before as like one of the zoos to see. And I can see why!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to Cincinnati before, but I will have to visit. I love going to the zoo. Maybe that can be a bucket list with the family. visit a zoo in every state, that way I can see the state and their zoos. :)

    ReplyDelete