Sunday, December 13, 2020

Stitch Fix For The First Time

This post is my own opinion but does include a referral link. 

 Back in March, before COVID took over our lives, I received my first Stitch Fix box. This was a new thing to me but I had watched several unboxings and try-ons on YouTube so I was aware of prices, the products or brands, and such. I had also found a sign-up referral code that would make it discounted or free for me to try for the first time. I also did many style shuffles and quizzes to ensure that I would get items that were more likely to be “more me” and enjoy trying on.



My Stitch Fix came rather quick and I extended my return date several times since my schedule was more hectic at the time. My Stitch Fix box came from Georgia. I am not sure if they all are from there or not.



I asked for items that could be considered work-appropriate and could be versatile. At the time, my work had a more strict dress code that relaxed more after COVID hit. I was to wear only collared shirts or blazers and only specific colors. This explains the note from my stylist, Colleen.




      
   


The first item in my Stitch Fix box was a Shirleah Jesse Cross-body Bag. This purse was super soft to the touch and the lining was a nice surprise for a pop of color. At the time, I was not in the need of a purse. Plus, the purse I was using at the time (that has just now been retired after 2+ years) was still in a workable condition and was also a cross-body. It was not what I was looking for. I added Shirleah to my search list on ThredUp after looking at this purse, however.



                        


The next item was a pair of Olive Dictionary Eva Straight Leg Pants. I was not a fan of the fit of these. It did me no favors. If I remember right, it was weirdly loose in the back of the legs. The pants also cropped odd on me. They were not the pants for me. 


      


I also received a Black Skies are Blue Berenice Scallop Hem Skirt. This item was nice. I liked the elastic waist and scallop hem. This was an easy pull-on skirt. It did not flatter me the best in the waist. I loved the scallop hem but could not justify the cost just for the hem when I have plenty of black knee-length skirts.

         

The black top, Lush Warren Split-Neck Blouse, I was very excited to receive. I wanted to try it on when I first got it because it looked like something I would pick up on a shopping trip. However, I could not even get it over my head to try it on. It has to be a very slim fit or something. I was disappointed.


       

The last item I received in my Stitch Fix box was a French Grey Alanna 3Q Sleeve Milkmaid Knit Dress. I kept this one! It was so soft. The length on me was just right. I love elbow sleeves. It could be dressed up or down. I had planned on wearing it on a trip that COVID canceled. Now, I may wear it on a warm winter day or wear it this upcoming spring.

  


Stitch Fix is great for people even if they are not the “most stylish” or “most fashion-savvy”. The boxes are curated to ideally be several outfits when you mix and match. Which is great if you are in a wardrobe overhaul. I discovered some great brands that I now look for. I plan to try this again after things go back to “normal”. I may try this again sooner after the holidays since I have had some weight loss.



Want to try it out for yourself? Here is a $25 referral link.

https://www.stitchfix.com/invite/zsnckycrz2?sod=w&som=c

With this link, when you use it, you’ll receive a $25 credit and I will too!




8 comments:

  1. The top and the dress are both really cute! I've actually been getting Stitch Fix for about 5 years now, I'd say 70% of my wardrobe is from there. I had the same stylist the whole time too so she got to know me REALLY well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard having the same stylist or finding the right stylist is key. This stylist was headed in the right direction of what I liked so I will definitely have to try to get her again next time.

      Delete
  2. I have heard good things about Stitch Fix! I've always been curious but never tried it. I might have to look into it again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hopefully my review helped. I definitely recommend watching videos and reading other reviews as well. Each person has a different experience and the items received can differ as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Stitch Fix a while back. I remember loving may box, but didn't continue with it. This is a great opportunity to give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all deserve a little extra during these crazy times that is for sure!

      Delete
  5. I've tried Stitch before! It's definitely hit or miss. I also have a French Grey dress I got in a box and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been following the brand on ThredUp trying to see if I can find other items from French Grey. If they are all that soft, I would love to find more, even if they are a couple of seasons or so old.

      Delete