Saturday, August 27, 2016

Tab Takes On.... A New To Her Mexican Restaurant
This past Wednesday, my soon-to-be husband and I tried La Parrilla Mexican Grill in West Knoxville,Tennessee as a date night. It was great and we can't wait to eat there again! Considering most of the Mexican restaurants we try are usually labelled as small-town restaurants or dives, we weren't sure what to expect. But we were in the area and we had a coupon (we are on the honeymoon planning budget people!) we thought, we'll just try it and see. We were both well fed with great portions (and take home leftovers) and we paid less than we would elsewhere. The meat options were well cooked and the rice was the best I had ever had! I even had to look over the menu for quite a while because I couldn't decide. (The waiter had to come by twice before I was ready to order. We asked to talk to a manager after we ate, to give them compliments and they seemed surprised! Definitely recommend this place!

10 comments:

  1. Mexican is my absolute favorite <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad y'all liked it--Mexican restaurants can be hit or miss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Love Mexican food! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a great restaurant! I love Mexican food so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty cool! I'm sure the manager was happy to have some positive feedback. What food did you order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't remember what I ordered now. Knowing me, it was probably tacos or quesadillas or a taco salad. Those are my usual go-tos.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love Mexican food. I could easily make a meal out of chips, salsa, and queso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I believe there is no such thing as too much queso.

      Delete
  7. It's always great to find a tasty and affordable Mexican restaurant!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mexican food is so good! I'd love to visit one day and see how much better it is over there.

    ReplyDelete