Monday, July 10, 2017

Chicken legs

( this article includes my own unsolicited opinions.)

We bought chicken legs on sale a while ago and I had been pushing them farther back in the freezer. I wanted us to cook and eat them, but I also didn't want to under cook them. With the summer heat rearing its ugly head, I didn't want to bake them in the oven either.( does anyone else feel like the oven causes an insane temperature rise in their house?) The best bet for me to use was the slow cooker. But how long to cook it for and winch temperature option to use were beyond me. I did what any Millennial would do( or should do) search on Bing. ( get points on being to use for gift cards and such, it's awesome.) I found a super easy recipe from another blogger ( which I can't remember the name of, but she did claim she couldn't cook). I didn't follow her recipe to a T, but I did cook mine for 6 to 8 hours like it was suggested. The first time, I cooked my chicken for almost 7 hours. The second time, I cook the chicken for 6 hours. I just poured barbecue sauce over an even layer of chicken legs after putting them in the slow cooker. Next time I make them I will try it with another sauce (maybe teriyaki or a marinade).

Any readers have any recipe ideas they swear by or are afraid to try?

Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of my attempts of the chicken legs because I wasn't thinking of the blog or of making it a post at the time. Maybe next time.

9 comments:

  1. We practically live off of chicken! My favorite way to make them is to fill a crock pot half full with diced potatoes, layer the chicken on top, cover with parmesan and cook on medium for 6-8 hours. So YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE do a lot of slow cooker chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chicken but hate the bones so I usually just eat chicken breast. The slow cooker is a great option though and I feel like it always comes out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a chicken leg fan. I prefer the breast. But any EASY recipe I AM a fan of.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually do meat on the bone, but I am curious about this! It sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl there isn't anything like a good slow cooker meal! the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE chicken! My husband does a can of tomato paste, 1.5 TBS curry, and salt and pepper. Then, bakes it. SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love wings with some BBQ sauce on 'em!

    ReplyDelete