Friday, December 29, 2017

No New Year's Resolutions

This year, I will not be making any New Year's’ resolutions. Why? I have never been able to successfully accomplish them. At most, they last a couple of months and then they are forgotten. Am I the only one? I doubt it.But why haven’t mine worked?

Most New Year’s resolutions I set for myself I lose the motivation for after a while. Sure, that work out seemed like fun but three months in, it is more same old same old. I lose interest as if it was just a fad or it has become too mundane or boring to do. Even better, I decide to take on too much at once. I decide I’ll go through everything in order to organize, trash, or get rid of what is necessary. I make myself try to do it as soon as possible and become overwhelmed. I may just have too much “stuff”. (Currently working on this so more details to come maybe.)Other times, life has just got in the way. I will catch myself missing it on one day, then that day turns into a week, months, and the dreaded year. It is the never ending cycle.

So while New Year's’ resolutions don’t work for me, they may work for some people. I will still set goals that can be accomplished, with stride marks attached. I will strive harder to meet my short term and long term goals. I will work on myself and focus on my friends and family. No more worrying about the tossed aside and forgotten New Year’s resolution.

Are you setting New Year’s resolutions? Ever had any work? Have any goals? Let’s talk about it so we can hold each other accountable.

8 comments:

  1. My new year's resolution was to start my blog (which I did), and to work out consistently. So far, so good on both goals. You have to remember why you set those goals in the first place if you want to stay motivated. That's the key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tabitha! Found your blog thanks to "Authentic Bloggers" Group. Your content is awesome! I am having a little trouble reading this post due to a glitch on the page (spacing?) but otherwise enjoy what you have to post. I read several of your other posts too. I hope to read more of your writing and will sign up for emails so I can follow! Wishing you much happiness and success! Kindest Regards, Mary from World of Writer Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my older posts have that issue, I do apologize. Ones that were done via mobile and through talk-to-text have that issue. They appear right originally then look off in the actual post. More recent ones should not have that problem. Happy reading!

      Delete
    2. I also have a Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/tabtakeson/ that you are more welcome to join as well. :)

      Delete
  3. I think New Year's resolutions work for me, but I don't like to thikn of them as New Year's resolutions, more like goals I want to meet throughout the year. Tbh, I like setting goals in September more rather than the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goals I set at random times of the year seem to work better too!

      Delete
  4. I don't really set New Year's Resolutions, but I do like to think of things I want to accomplish in the future - even if it doesn't take the whole year, or goes past the year.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't make them, because January 1st is an arbitrary date for me. The truth is, you can set and stick to goals at any point. That's what I like to do!

    ReplyDelete