Friday, March 30, 2018

Thrifting Up Some Bargains


Recently, I went to a local thrift store….twice. They were having great sales for “March Madness”. The first day that I went, they were having a .50 cent per shopping bag sale for all of their unsorted items. The second day that I went, their focus was for their clothes on the racks. You could fill a shopping bag for $1.50. Of course, I stocked up.

Here are my finds:
  • 6 jeans
  • 8 dress pants, including khakis and cords
  • 4 shorts
  • 2 dresses
  • 3 skirts
  • 5 shirts, including one for my husband to wear on Easter
All of this was purchased for around $5.Most were name brands. Have I mentioned that I love to thrift?


So far, out of the things I have washed and tried on, two pairs of jeans didn’t fit. It isn’t me, it is just the brands, I keep telling myself, as brands are no longer true to size. I will probably resell what doesn’t fit.


What brands do you swear by? What are your favorite things to thrift?

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got some awesome deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did get some real bargains! Actually, I like to thrift props for my website! I don't go as often as I should to find good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love finding clothes at thrift stores. My size is a little tricky to find, but every once in a while I'll find something awesome. I think my favorite things to find while thrifting are tunic-length tops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, nice deals! Sorry a couple don't fit. But yeah, sizes are different with each brand so it makes finding things that fit somewhat annoying!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. What! That's an amazing deal! Even though some didn't fit.. at that price you could just donate them back to the store. I used to go thrifting all the time and really need to go again soon. It's so much fun finding something awesome :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome score!! I never visit thrift stores anymore, I need to get back into it again. Right now I am swooning over Universal Threads, but one pair of jeans is $30! I need to make a switch, stat!
    Lisa | amerytina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clothes are way too expensive brand new most times. For the price of one thing new in a traditional store, you could get several at a thrift shop.

      Delete
  7. I love finding really great finds at thrift stores. I haven't gone to any thrift stores/flea markets/garage sales in a while but hopefully I can this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to it too as the weather gets warmer. I also look forward to finding some DIY projects!

      Delete
  8. This sounds cool. I like getting hats in thrift stores but haven't branched out yet to other types of clothes. I have a pretty good thrift store near me. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not much of a thrifter but after reading this maybe I should be. Seriously good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definitely not that much of a thrifter - I prefer to buy my things new, but this is an interesting perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you got some good finds! There are a couple Goodwill stores close to me that are close to some really affluent neighborhoods, so they're actually pretty good options for finding nice business casual clothes. I even know someone who snagged a pair of Armani jeans once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What!?! I have never been that lucky!I wonder if the store even knew what they had!

      Delete