Thursday, December 12, 2019

The Local Thrift Store Adventure

The following post is of my own writing and opinion. It was not sponsored in any way.

A local thrift store in my town is known for helping others in the area by using the proceeds from the store as well as giving away some of the items inside the store as well. On one of my days off from my regular job, I happened to notice on Facebook that they were having a special on their fill a bag sales on their clothes. This already had my attention. Plus, as a bonus, if you ate at the restaurant next door, you could receive a free bag of clothes as well. Perfect date day for me!


The restaurant was a great mom and pop diner that my husband loves. We turned into a date lunch. He has frequented it several times without me. We plan on eating there again soon. After I received the receipt, we went over to the thrift store.




My husband and I went over to the thrift store. My idea and his idea of shopping are different so he was done in 10 minutes. To me, this shopping excursion was more fun than an amusement park. I started just draping every item I was interested in across my arm. I eventually had to find a cart. Trust me, I scoured the entire fill a bag section.




Somehow, the entire cart full (with the hangers still attached until check out) fits into 3 plastic shopping bags. The entire cost spent (including taxes) equaled out to $4.24. All of these items were intended to increase my colder weather work-friendly wardrobe. Of course, some items didn’t fit so I will resale those through ThredUp and Poshmark.

Worthington Women Dress Pants Size 10
The items kept include:
  • 2 long sleeve dress shirts
  • 1 pair of dress pants
  • 1 pair of khaki capris
  • 2 blazers
  • 1 short sleeve polo
  • 1 sweater

The items sent to ThredUp include:

  • 1 cardigan
  • 1 pair of dress pants
  • 1 long sleeve dress shirt
  • 1 pair of khakis
  • 1 blazer

The items I posted on Poshmark include:
  • 2 pairs of dress pants
  • 3 blazers
  • 2 pairs of khakis


In the end, it was a fun experience and I will be shopping there again soon. For the amount I paid, any items I sell will be pure profit. If I bought on a regular day, the amount I spent this trip would probably pay for half of my kept items.





At the time of this writing, none of the items posted on Poshmark have sold. The khakis have received a couple of likes and lower offers have been sent.





When it comes to ThredUp the dress pants have been posted by them for sale. The rest of the items are in transit to one of the ThredUp locations for processing.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a good thrift store in a minute. I might have to make a weekend of it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrift store hauls can be such fun! And it sounds like you spent quality time with your husband, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely did. He was more shocked he didn't have to pay more.

      Delete
  3. I love thrift shopping, too! Sounds like you got a good haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time I definitely did. Sometimes it can be hit or miss.

      Delete
  4. I've been thrifting more this year!!! I definitely enjoy some of the finds I come across!

    ReplyDelete