Friday, October 7, 2016

Tab Takes On... Graceland

     Despite the prices of the entrance fee and the parking fee, going to Graceland is definitely worth it! There is lots to see and a selection of tours to choose from. Give yourself at least 4-5 hours to see everything and give yourself a break from the crowds.

     We took the Platinum tour and it was great. We received I-Pads that helped the Mansion tour along. We felt rushed at times because our group was so large, but that is to be expected in locations like this. Be sure to keep up with the I-Pad to get more information about the mansion and its historical significance. (My hubby's messed up halfway or so through the tour.) You have to listen to John Stamos' voice the whole mansion tour but it is worth it. The mansion is across the street from everything else.
(My hubby happened to somehow get me in this picture as well)

     From the mansion, everything else is do at your own pace. There is a lot to take in and lots to learn. I appreciated the fact that one of the buildings has a sensory room for kids and adults with sensory needs of replica fabrics that Elvis wore and had in his mansion and such. His records were on display as is many of his personal belongings and many family mementos. As a newlywed, I also liked seeing Priscilla's wedding dress. The car museum is also a must see.
Their wedding attire

     Even though repairs were being made and additions were being added to the Graceland experience while we were there, we weren't really inconvenienced and felt it was truly a once in a lifetime trip that was worth taking. We did not do the airplane tour but the planes can be seen from the road. We took plenty of pictures and will have plenty of memories. Now if we could just get those Elvis hits out of our heads!


10 comments:

  1. Wow, I hope you enjoyed your stay here in Memphis. I've been here since I was a kid and had to take field trips to Graceland nearly every year lol

    Denise // theelleaesthetic.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What other places would be worth a visit to Memphis? We went to Sun Studios as well. We also took pictures outside of Mid South Coliseum (because that is where all the historic wrestling was, my husband says).

      Delete
  2. We were just in Memphis but didn't go to Graceland. We did go to a coffee shop that had an Elvis-themed drink though :p
    I wouldn't mind listening to John Stamos, I don't think. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His voice didn't bother me but several people that were on the tour were complaining.

      Delete
  3. How neat! I've always wanted to visit there! We will one day when our kids are bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is soooo neat! I always heard about Graceland but never have been, love that you are able to see the wedding dresses and good to know it takes 4-5 hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! It was so worth it. The time flew by!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had an amazing tour! Everything looks so well kept and in great shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was. It was definitely a worthwhile experience.

      Delete