Friday, January 6, 2017

A letter to an author

Dear Suzanne Collins,                                      I have read all three of the Hunger Games book now. I am an avid reader but your books seemed to bypass me until I had to read the first Hunger Games for one of my college courses. I became instantly hooked. (The only reason it had taken me so long to finish the series is because I couldn't find Mockingjay.)
I know all series must come to an end, but I was saddened for the Hunger Games series to be over. It left me with questions and wanting to know more. What happens to Katniss' and Prim's mother,Gale, and Haymitch after chapter 27 of Mockingjay? Does their mother come back to District 12 ever to see her grandkids or does she know that they exist? Does Haymitch ever sober up completely or does he die of alcohol poisoning? Does Gale find love again? Does Gale start a family of his own? Was there a Hunger Games with only the Capitol's children or did that idea go away after Katniss shoots President Coin? How is the new Capitol? What all happens in the time between the end of the final chapter of Mockingjay and its epilogue? What are Peeta and Katniss' children taught about the Hunger Games in school? Are the victors of the Hunger Games still honored as they were before or is it different now?                                      I know that is a lot of questions, especially all at once. I also know that the Hunger Games series was written for older children and teens mostly. But as an adult reader,I just seemed to be asking myself more and more questions. I am glad to find books like these that can make you think as a reader but also can be interesting for more than just the intended audience. This series will definitely be seen as a classic in the future.
Signed,
A fan

6 comments:

  1. I was left with so many questions after finishing the series, as well! This was a great letter, as I had many of the same exact questions. I hate finishing a series that I love. Sometimes I prolong and drag out my read for awhile, like you said you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get absorbed into any series that I try to read, which is why I try to read single books. I think I didn't pick up a book for several weeks after reading this series.

      Delete
  2. It definitely was a great series! This was a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Suzanne Collins replies to this someday! I loved the Hunger Games as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this series and definitely have some of those same questions! How cool would it be if she responded with answers?!

    ReplyDelete