Monday, March 13, 2023

Protecting His Brat ARC Review



Protecting His Brat by Brandy Ayers is a book I received an advanced reader copy of. What caught my attention was the possibility of romance and the people on the cover. The book was so much more than I gave it credit for.


This is a darker book than I expected. It mentions crime and rape. It does play a little bit into the story. The author does not go into too graphic detail. It is more mentioned and brings the lead characters closer together.


Lacy and Scott were two characters that I wasn’t sure would have a happily ever after. They were both sort of famous in their own ways. Lacy is the spoiled rich girl that always gets her way while Scott is the metalhead guitarist that appears to live below his means. What they are together, despite sounding like beyond polar opposites, brings this story together in ways that never seemed possible.


Another thing I liked about Protecting His Brat was that there were several epilogues. This shows how their life continues beyond the typical book. The last epilogue was 10 years later. It was different and creative, and I wish it didn’t have to end.


I definitely recommend this book. This is a very steamy romance, which makes me recommend it to 18 plus. If you read romance and want something different, read this book. I definitely want to read more of Brandy Ayers, just to see where the rest of this series and more of her stories go.

No comments:

Post a Comment