Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Wild Country ARC Review

 


Wild Country by Constance Ruth Clark is a work of fiction. It caught my attention as it was a book based in a small town with a love story tied in. It sounded like the Hallmark movies that I can never get enough of. There is definitely more to the story.

This story does have some language issues. This did not phase me. In one way, it helps show that the characters are different. It also shows that opposites can attract. Peter seems to be the typical musician with a flair for the less practical and a potty mouth. Kristina has a good head on her shoulders. She is a good girl in the sense that she is used to doing everything by herself.

This book also contains some scenes. They aren’t extremely graphic. These scenes are supposed to be over a few days when they are practically strangers. But it is a bit more intense than a Hallmark movie. More tame than a Lorelei James novel. The real question is, What are you supposed to do to kill time in the middle of a major snowstorm?

Overall, I did enjoy this short book. I was invested in these characters. I am looking forward to finding the next one as it is apparently part of a series. I would recommend this to the later teenage and up crowd, the Harlequin reader, and such
.


No comments:

Post a Comment